E

Exposed: B90 Holdings and The World’s Most Notorious Cybercriminal!

Gery Shalon with Veltyco Group Uwe Lenhoff and Dirk-Jan Bakker
Spread financial intelligence

In recent weeks, we have reopened the “Cold Case Veltyco” due to a SLAPP lawsuit initiated by Dirk-Jan Bakker, a Dutch real estate investor and the dominant shareholder of Veltyco Group (now B90 Holdings) for a decade. From 2014 to 2019, Bakker partnered with Uwe Lenhoff, a German scam mastermind who passed away in prison in 2020. Recent developments have revealed that Gery Shalon, one of the world’s most notorious cyber criminals, and his Russian associate Vladislav Smirnov were also linked to Veltyco.

Cybercrime billionaire Gery Shalon and his network

The Gery Shalon Case

The Georgia-born Israeli Gery Shalon was arrested in 2015 in Israel over charges of massive computer hacking crimes against U.S. financial institutions, brokerage firms, and financial news publishers, including the largest theft of customer data from a U.S. financial institution in history. He was extradited to the U.S. in 2016 and pleaded guilty to the charges.

U.S. authorities confiscated several hundred million dollars of assets from Gery Shalon after he signed a forfeiture agreement in 2021.

Gery Shalon and Ziv Orenstein, two of the alleged perpetrators of the cybercrime that we described at the time of their arrests as securities fraud on cyber steroids, have been successfully extradited from Israel to the United States. For the alleged hacks into numerous U.S. companies, including the largest theft of customer data from a U.S. financial institution in history, in furtherance of their securities fraud, Sharon and Orenstein will now face prosecution in a U.S. court.

U.S. Department of Justice (link)

Download the Forfeiture Agreement between Gery Shalon and the U.S. Government here.

FinTelegram has ascertained that Shalon closely cooperated with U.S. authorities, providing critical intelligence on the Russian hacker community and disclosing information about his former associates. Notably, Shalon’s technical collaborator, the Russian entrepreneur and investor Vladislav Smirnov, played a pivotal role in the orchestration of their cybercriminal endeavors.

Shalon was purportedly released on $400 million bail to house arrest in New York around 2016 or 2017, from where he allegedly continued to oversee his cybercrime operations. The complexities surrounding Shalon’s case persist, with his release reportedly occurring between 2022 and 2023; he is currently believed to be residing in Israel.

The Veltyco Engagement

Veltyco and B90 Holdings and the Global Cybercrime Network around Gery Shalon

Law enforcement sources have confirmed to FinTelegram that Gery Shalon and Vladislav Smirnov were partners in Veltyco alongside Ilan Tzorya. The criminal records reveal strategic planning for “Veltyco New” by Tzorya, Lenhoff, and Bakker in collaboration with Shalon and Smirnov. Through Shalon and Smirnov’s GV Holdings, they owned 60% of DTI Group Inc., a Seychelles-based offshore company. Tzorya controlled the remaining 40% through Tradologic HK Ltd in Hong Kong. DTI Group was slated to acquire a stake of around 15% in Veltyco and provide it with cybercrime solutions, including the binary options scam ZoomTraderGlobal.

Gal Barak and his team in prison

DTI Group also engaged as an investor and partner in Gal Barak’s Bulgarian firm, Global Media Partners EOOD. Like Lenhoff, Barak was apprehended in 2019 and subsequently sentenced in Austria in 2020 to several years of imprisonment for investment fraud and money laundering, with additional charges pending in various jurisdictions.

The arrest of Shalon in 2015 necessitated alterations to these plans, resulting in a dispute among Tzorya, Shalon, and Smirnov. Ultimately, Tzorya joined Veltyco in January 2017, with Tzorya serving as a non-executive director on its board until March 2018. According to the latest information obtained by FinTelegram, Gery Shalon remains under investigation for numerous cybercrime activities not related to his cooperative dealings with the U.S. authorities.

Report Information

If you have any information about the Veltyco case, its actors, and facilitators, please let us know via our whistleblowing system, Whistle42.

CategoriesCybercrime

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *