Like every Monday over the last couple of months, the Italian financial watchdog Consob has been announcing the blackout of scam websites every Monday for several months. Today, the Italian regulator Consob announced the black-out of five new scam websites offering their fraudulent services. Consob is the only EU regulator to take this effective measure. However, it would be desirable if more member states would create a legal basis for blocking illegal or fraudulent websites.
Below are the sites Consob has ordered to be blacked out:
- Kiplar Ltd with website https://kiplar.com;
- AcadianAMltd with website www.aca-asset.com;
- UniCap Trade Ltd and Tradobit with website www.tradobit.com;
- Revotrade Ltd with website www.revotrade.com;
- GB Trade FX with websites https://gbtradefx.co.uk and https://gbtradefx24.co.uk.
The number of sites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order that the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries be blacked out, has thus risen to 467.