On 27 March 2023, Italian regulator Consob announced that it ordered five illegal financial websites to be blacked out. The total number of black-out orders increase to 860. The Italian financial watchdog has the authority to order ISPs to inhibit access from Italy to illegal financial websites. So far, the Italian regulator is, unfortunately, the only one in Europe with this authority. Below are the websites Consob has ordered to be blacked out:
- Ikon CFD with website www.ikoncfd.com;
- Shadlake Ltd with website https://crystalscapitals.com;
- Actv Global Markets Limited with website https://tradeactive.com;
- ForexTimeLtd with website www.forextimeltd.com;
- Cryptoneyx with website www.cryptoneyx.com.
The number of sites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order the black-out of websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries, has thus risen to 860.