The Italian regulator Consob ordered the black-out of five new websites offering financial services illegally. Since July 2019, the regulator has already blocked 510 websites for the Italian market. Consob is, unfortunately, the only EU regulatoSincer that can block websites. Based on the legal grounds of the “Decreto Crescita” (“Growth Decree”), Consob can order internet service providers to block access from Italy to websites offering financial services without the proper authorization. Such a provision would be worth considering for other regulatory regimes as well.
Below are the illegally acting websites Consob has ordered to be blacked out:
- Lithe Group Ltd with website https://platinex.co;
- Renaissance Invest Ltd with website www.renaissanceinvestltd.co;
- Tremisa Ltd with website www.askemarket.com;
- Investus FG with website https://investusfg.com;
- Kiplar Ltd with website www.kiplar.org.
If you have any information about scams or illegal broker activities, please let us know through our whistleblower system, Whistle42. Together we can protect retail investors.