The Spanish regulator CNMV today issued investor warnings against 11 investment scams. We took a closer look at the affected scams and their websites. The websites currently still online are all scam brokers specializing in Forex and Crypto. As payment processors, we discovered BridgerPay as a gateway provider at one scam broker. Besides that, we have discovered Spanish GoodPay, PayPan, Garden for Grow, or Trading Academy. However, most of the scams rely exclusively on crypto. Below are the CNMV warnings we have taken a closer look to:
- AMP Global – the crypto trading scam (www.ampglobalfx.com) is posing as a clone of the CySEC-regulated AMP Global Ltd with license Number 360/18 and stating its credentials on the website. The CySEC-regulated broker has the approved domain www.ampglobal.com.
- Urus Trade – the broker scam is hosted at the domain www.urustrade.com is allegedly operated by UTIS Int Limited, registered in St. with registration number 24004IBC2017. We have discovered Garden for Grow, GoodPay, PayPan, and Trading Academy (www.trdacademy.com) as payment processors for the scam.
- Stonux-Capital – the broker scam is allegedly operated by STONUX-CAPITAL LTD in Belgium with the domain www.stonux-capital.com. It claims to be licensed by both the CFTC and SEC. Bullshit, it ist! The available payment options are BTC, ETH, and Perfect Money.
- FxWinning – the FX broker scam is run under the domain www.fxwinning.net; it is allegedly operated by FxWinning Limited with addresses in Hong Kong and St. Vincent & the Grenadines. Crypto is only available payment option.
- CardinalFX – the Cardinal FX Trade (www.cardinalfx.trade) claims in the email signatures that it has an address in the United States, specifically 675 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02139. Crypto is the only payment option available.
- Analytic FX pro – the FX scam is operated using the domain www.analyticfxpro.org with an address in Leeds, United Kingdom. Crypto is offered as the default payment option; alternative payment methods can only be requested via direct contact with Support.
- Streams – The scam is operated with the domain www.gostreams.io via Streams Global Markets LLC, an entity allegedly registered at St Vincent and the Grenadines. Payment options offered via the BridgerPay Cashier are credit and debit card, Neteller, and Skrill.
- FXActiv – the FX broker scam is operated with the domain www.fxactiv.io via the legal entity Lollygag Partners Ltd registered on Commonwealth of Dominica. From our check, we learned that the scam currently has no active line with any payment processor.
- mycoinology – the FX broker scam is operated by unknown individuals and/or legal entities. We have not yet been able to identify the facilitating payment processors.
- swiftfxbitrade – this crypto broker scam works with the domain www.swiftfxbitrade.com
We will report in more detail about some of the scams and their payment processors later this week. If you have any information or experiences about these or other scams and/or payment processors, we would be happy if you share them with us.