Actually, all EU states and their regulators should do this! The EU rules on consumer protection stipulate that the respective competent authorities must take the necessary measures to protect their citizens from Internet fraud. One of these measures is the blocking of fraudulent websites. Currently, only the Italian regulator Consob does this, based on a “Growth Decree” law from June 2019 empowering the regulator to block access to websites offering financial services without the proper authorization. On the first day after Easter, Consob blocked another six broker scams.
Below are the sites Consob has ordered to be blacked out. Some of these sites and/or their operators are already known to us:
- Nab Europe Ltd with the website www.nabeuropeltd.com; read our NAB Group report here
- Donnybrook Consulting Ltd and the websites https://bid-broker-stocks.io and https://bid-broker-stocks.cc/; read our report on Donnybrook here.
- GlobalCFD Ltd and D&D Venture Project Ltd and website www.globalfxcfd.com;
- TradersHome Ltd and website https://tradershome.trade;
- Primery Swiss Group and the website www.primeryswissgroup.com.
The number of sites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order that the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries be blacked out, has thus risen to 416.